John Holland has been awarded a contract worth more than $50m by Transport for New South Wales (TfNSW) to upgrade train stations at Pendle Hill, Wentworthville, Croydon and Blacktown in Sydney. Onrail Plant Hire was successful in tendering to John Holland for the hire of plant associated with the project including excavators, dump trucks, bogie tippers, track loaders and access equipment.
The works will make the stations more accessible, and includes:
• Relocation of railway systems and services
• Removal of an existing footbridge
• Refurbishment of existing heritage structures
• Installation of new lifts at three of the four sites
• Construction of new pedestrian overpasses
• Provision of sheltered bicycle racks
• Relocation of an existing memorial and memorial fountain.
Onrail wishes John Holland the best of luck with the project and endeavours to work with each of the project teams in the safe, efficient delivery of the works.